DIY How to Start a Blog
Blogs are today most viral subject, but What are the most basic fundamental criteria’s to start a blog.Well, blog means nothing but sharing ideas.Literally just telling others what you know.And for the that ; the bare basic thing which you need is an idea.
Definition of blog as per Wikipedia
A blog is a discussion or informational site published on the World Wide Web consisting of discrete entries (“posts”) typically displayed in reverse chronological order (the most recent post appears first).
So what actually you need to start a blog?
So it may seem bit odd, but the key thing to start your blog is an idea.According to all great personalities that have been successful, the only thing that made them successful was an idea. This the most crucial part as when your blogging lets say a year, you will spend that much time, effort and money on it.And that will be the most basic fundamental criteria for your brand naming and reputation.It’s obvious if you are going to blog about as an example about health, you first must know all the details about your topic and then should be able to communicate it to your viewer.This, in general, is idea,
Things to consider while getting an idea to blog about
- Clearing all your mind and finding out what you hobby /interest is , then deciding which niche you want to write article in, is it health/money/sports/arts/technology
- After choosing a niche you have to further pin out your attitude towards blogging like is it going to be casual ,targeted, are you going to use the blog to promote or sell something, are going to use blog to earn money using traffic, are going to purely blog just for fun, find out your intention towards blogging
- After finding out intention and now it’s time to figure out exactly how deep your blog is going to focus on subject like lets us take an example is it going to be technology or ist going to be technology about android and that too only software part
- Understanding you needs like are you planning to expand in future as are you going to be turning in professional blogger are going to add more niches to the blog or are going too cut down and be focused on the sub-topic, analyze that in advance and leave a room for it in future in case you might just want to have it.
In this world to be known, the first thing to recognize you is your name, Domain name is the same thing, the name of your website.The URL or Web address you put in the web browser.If you’re not done with your idea never think about this step as, the subject of the blog must match to your name.SO first decide the topic of blogging in other words niche and then the most prominent keyword of your blog or the purpose of the blog and this should be present as an element in your domain name.
I would recommend HostGator for domain name starting just from 99 rupees or 1$.I have posted link below go to domain name section.
Required factors for choosing domain name are
- Is it holding the name of your company , your brand or your quality?
- Is it satisfying the inner meaning to what you are trying to provide or it is relevant to core idea of the blog!
- While choosing the domain name to try to use minimal words , the less the words the more they remember 1 word excellent 2 words awesome 3 words good more than 3 words try to reduce and be at least 3.
Now by far you would have the domain name in your mind and I am assuming you would have a pretty decent Idea about the website, now once your domain name is selected, you need a hosting for the website.Meaning consider a product you have decided the name of the product but you still need a wrapper to pack your product in.Just same is hosting for the domain.I would recommend without any dough Hostgator as it gives service like no one else, with support 24/7 live chat and fast high-speed systems. Here I have posted shortened link of HostGator.Please go and check rated.You can too host you’re sited on free hosting but they are not reliable and are out of service most of the time down.If you intend to earn money your site your site should be hundred percent uptime and work.
Required criteria for choosing host
- See if the host your choosing is more than 10 years experienced ,has a decent 24×7 chat and forum support and handles the software and hardware part for you
- Please before buying google and check server average response time, the less the time more good the server average should be close to 500-600ms, not more according to google it should be 200 ms or less but for the start are you willing to spend that much money on hosting then choose WP Engine.
- If you’re planning to choose VPS so please to make sure you are getting tech support or if your not coder it is going to be the big hassle for you, I would suggest in-case you want to spend that much money go to professional CMS host like wpengine etc.
I would highly recommend WordPress due to modern easy to use interface numerous plugins and add-ons and best awesome theme to choose from
Criteria required for choosing cms
- If you want to be the professional blogger or genuine simple blogger or even a just starting up I would highly recommend WordPress it has tons of tools and themes and is much smarter to use.
- If you just trying to learn and still got no idea whether you want to be a blogger or just want to put some web pages on Internet I think you should use blogger
- I would not prefer Joomla or Drupal they are good but somewhat not that easy to use but just for sake of trying you can but I wouldn’t recommend those for professional use
- At least if you are a simple business man or someone who doesn’t need a dynamic content on the web like changing data on website continues and usually is okay hosting static pages try Wix it’s perfect for you.
Criteria required for writing good content
- Study in-depth what topic you want to write about and understanding what exactly you got regarding that topic to be expressed in concise words on that topic
- The article you are trying to put forth must have a positive impact , must be relevant to your idea and domain name , should contain short simple but extremely helpful content, an average blog post is around 1000-2000 words but make sure you’re it is not less than 500 words that will affect google page ranking.
- While you are reading the article, put yourself in readers shoes and try to see if your article is conveying an emotional value try avoiding even simple negative words like damn! but convey message appropriately with no double meaning and must assisted with an image which should convey the same idea.There are some exception do use your common sense!
These are few steps you need to know before you start blogging if you have any query about the post, please post below I would be happy to answer the query.
Have a nice day and start blogging.